Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ButterflySis ButterflySis is offline

Default Next Record

Hi. I'm trying to do a mail merge where I need to 'print' the next record
where those records must meet certain criteria. A little hard to explain so
here's what I'm doing...

We're sending letters to teachers who will have helpers assigned to their
class. Some teachers have one helper, others may have 10. The letter will
go to the teacher and within the letter we want to list the first name, last
name, and phone number of the helpers. This is easy to do if there's only
one helper, but how do I skip to another helper assigned to that teacher
within in the same letter?

Basically it needs to say, "Print the next helper if this helper is assigned
to the same teacher as the record (helper) before."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word isn't designed to do this - if possible, use a Report generator
designed to do it (e.g. the one in Access).

Or try e.g.

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

and/or

Peter Jamieson

"ButterflySis" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ButterflySis ButterflySis is offline

Hi Peter. Thanks much for your response. It looks exactly like what I need.
Haven't been able to get it to work yet but will keep trying. Will try to
fix it in Access too.

Thanks again!

- Jen