Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chloe chloe is offline

Default The XML file a.xml cannot be opened because there are problems wit

The XML file a.xml cannot be opened because there are problems with the
content/ I have a XML file, open it with Word, it works fine. I uploaded it
to CLOB, download it and reopen it.. it gave me this error. Any idea? Thanx
alot
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Chloe

chloe wrote:
The XML file a.xml cannot be opened because there are problems with the
content/ I have a XML file, open it with Word, it works fine. I uploaded it
to CLOB, download it and reopen it.. it gave me this error. Any idea? Thanx
alot

I have no idea what CLOB is and how exactly you uploaded a file there,
but I'd wager that during either of the loads or the time when the file
was up there it was actually changed.

Not an unheard of thing, when you ftp a file with the wrong settings
(text instead of binaries), you can get that sort of thing. While XML is
basically text, I wouldn't trust an FTP TEXT upload with all the
possible encodings ...

2cents
Robert
--