Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jimtmcdaniels jimtmcdaniels is offline

Default How do I insert a break line across the page

Somehow I got word to insert a solid line across the page (looks alot like
holding down the underline key) and I like it, but I can't duplicate this
line (find the feature) in other word documents, except by copying the line
and pasting.

Can anyone tell me how to insert this feature when desired?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Most likely you typed 3 successive dashes[---], then pressed Enter, which
[among others(___ , === )] actually applies a paragraph border. That is a
part of the AutoFormat As You Type feature. To turn it Off go to
ToolsAutoCorrect & remove the Borders check.

To remove a border & for more Border options take a look at FormatBorders &
Shading - Borders tab & Shading tab.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"jimtmcdaniels" wrote in message
Somehow I got word to insert a solid line across the page (looks alot like
holding down the underline key) and I like it, but I can't duplicate this
line (find the feature) in other word documents, except by copying the
line
and pasting.

Can anyone tell me how to insert this feature when desired?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
akthar shaik akthar shaik is offline

Default How do I insert a break line across the page -jimtmcdaniel

You draw a solid line across by checking on the option Borders.
This is How; GoTo
Tools - Autocorrect Options…

After the Autocorrect Option dialog box opens, U can find 5 Tabs
1. Autocorrect
2. AutoFormat As You Type
3. Autotext
4. AutoFormat
5. Smart Tags
Among them select the 2nd Tab : “AutoFormat As You Type”
The You can find 3 Sections
1. Apply as you type
2. AutoFormat as you type
3. Automatically as you type

Under the 2nd Section (AutoFormat as you type) you can find the Borders CheckBox. Just enable that value and click OK.
Now Word Automatically applies character and paragraph border styles as mentioned below.
If U type 3 or more : hyphens ---
Word Applied : a thin line border style
If U type 3 or more : underscore characters ___
Word Applied : a thick line border style
If U type 3 or more : equals signs ===
Word Applied : a double-line border style

Bye...

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
akthar shaik akthar shaik is offline

Default Previous Post Small point left out

After typing the three or more hyphens/underscores/equals you have to press Enter.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that it would be a lot easier to follow the discussion if you
didn't change the subject.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP