Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frau Marcia Frau Marcia is offline

Default Corrupt documents again

Hello,

I am writing from Germany, so therefore have a German MS word 2003. For a
week now, I cannot paste documents from my emails or Internet, or even from
another Word document without problems. When I paste, only the first page
shows up on the page view. When I show normal view,everything is there, but
of course I cannot print this.

A friend looked at it and discovered that under File/page
setup/printinglook, it has the textflow set at 2 columns. When I change it to
1 column, then it will not accept it. So, each time I start Word, I must
click on Columns and click on one. Then everything works.

Can I fix this? I tried deinstalling Word and reinstalling, and it still is
there.

--
Frau Marcia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Frau Marcia,

You need to find NORMAL.DOT and rename it to NORMAL.OLD.

When you next start Word it will create a new NORMAL.DOT.

Of there is anything of value in NORMAL.OLD (macros, styles etc),
open it and use the Organiser to copy them over to the new template.

Otherwise you may delete it.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard