Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default Restoring web links to text?

I am preparing a second edition of a book I wrote the text of which happens
to contain a number of URLs. For this new edition I wish to check the
validity of these urls - which unfortunately are not grouped together in the
manuscript. Furthermore, in the Word doc I am working from, the url
hyperlinks have all been removed. Is there a way these hyperlinks could be
"restored" (preferably en masse throughout the document) so that I could
then rapidly check them simply by clicking on each in turn?

Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 19:23:27 -0400, wrote:

I am preparing a second edition of a book I wrote the text of which happens
to contain a number of URLs. For this new edition I wish to check the
validity of these urls - which unfortunately are not grouped together in the
manuscript. Furthermore, in the Word doc I am working from, the url
hyperlinks have all been removed. Is there a way these hyperlinks could be
"restored" (preferably en masse throughout the document) so that I could
then rapidly check them simply by clicking on each in turn?

Thanks.

Jeff

Click Format AutoFormat. Click the Options button in the dialog, and clear all
the check boxes except "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks". Click OK.

Back in the AutoFormat dialog, make sure the "AutoFormat now" option is selected
and click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

[...]