Walter R.

Default Refuses to uncheck Embedded Smart Tags

Using Word 2002 SP2. In Tools Options Save, the "Embed Smart Tags" and
the "Embed Linguistic Data" checkboxes are checked.

When I uncheck them and OK, it does not take. These two boxes have a
checkmark in them the next time I open Word.

I even checked the box "Disable features introduced after Word 97" but it
still insists on putting a checkmark into the above 2 boxes.

Is this normal?? What did I overlook?

--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Walter,

Using Word 2002 SP2. In Tools Options Save, the "Embed Smart Tags" and
the "Embed Linguistic Data" checkboxes are checked.

When I uncheck them and OK, it does not take. These two boxes have a
checkmark in them the next time I open Word.

These two options are document, not application-specific. So they should only
remain changed for a particular document. (And yeah, it bugs the [adjective]
out of me, too.)

You could, conceivably, put an AutoNew macro in your Normal.dot template that
would deactivate these for every new document you create.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Smart Tags ChuckER Microsoft Word Help 1 April 19th 05 05:00 AM
Smart Tags - Person Name CarlSprake Microsoft Word Help 0 March 21st 05 12:03 PM
Applying smart tags? jodie-lee Microsoft Word Help 1 March 3rd 05 10:14 AM
About Smart Tags!!! shobha Microsoft Word Help 0 February 18th 05 02:39 AM
smart tags ssorgtoille Microsoft Word Help 1 January 4th 05 04:28 PM