Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Hewson Bob Hewson is offline

Default I have a Norton/Word/XP conflict that is driving me nuts!

I have contacted Norton 3 times and they can not resolve issue, I have
contacted Rogers, my ISP 4 times and they can't resolve my isssue so maybe it
is an Office problem or perhaps even windows XP

I am using Office 2007 Home & Student on a desktop using XP home. I loaded
it recently.

I uninstalled Norton as a nuicance and resource hog, using XP Control panel.

I opened up Word 2007 and a "Norton anti-virus" screen popped up with
message "PLease wait while windows configures Norton Antivirus" and
immediately anoth popup screen appears over it, again a "Norton AntiVirus
scree" with the message " Norton Antivirus 2006 does not support the repair
feature, please uninstall and reinstall." with an OK buttton which when
pushed starts the two screens again, and repeats 3 times. Then a clean Word
screen with a default doc showing. And again when opening a document.

When closed I get a Office screen apologizing for a problem and needing to
close

I have reinstalled Office and followed all steps I have been told to do to
rid myself o f this nuicance, but to no avail. I have spent too many hours
on this problem.

Can anyone help
--
Bob
London, Ontario
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See
http://service1.symantec.com/support...6?OpenDocument
"Message: 'Norton AntiVirus 2006 does not support the repair feature...'
when starting a Norton program".

Bob Hewson wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Why don't you just get rid of this parasitic and problematic AV software and
install something that works without such issues - such as AVG, which has
the added advantage of being free for personal use.

Bob Hewson wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Hewson Bob Hewson is offline

Thanks,

My whole purpose was to get rid of Norton. It was the uninstall that gave
me the grief.

I followed the earlier writer's response. Still a problem, I reinstalled a
copy of Norton and immediately deleted it again using XP. This time
everything was removed and I can open Word properly...

Thanks to you both.

Bob
--
Bob
London, Ontario

Word and Norton aalaan New Users 4 September 16th 06 10:28 PM
Norton Plug-in (+Norton) New Users 6 August 21st 06 06:11 AM
"...merged field does not exist..." Driving me nuts! MichaelHunter Mailmerge 3 November 10th 05 06:49 PM
Word outline feature driving me nuts Relztrah Page Layout 2 July 6th 05 11:33 PM
Heading Are Driving Me Nuts Peyton Todd Page Layout 12 May 16th 05 04:39 PM