Lexisch

Default Track Changes 2003

One of my users has sent me this problem.

I've gone over the steps and see than she has accepted them all, but is
still getting this problem. As you can see she's very annoyed.

With Word 2003 I have fought, fought, AND fought with track changes to get
them to "accept all" and resave, yet it continually IGNORES ME!!!

I have "accepted all changes," turned OFF "viewing" and RESAVED and
overwritten the file, yet, whenever the document is reopened, ALL the garbage
comes right back.

Thanks for the help!
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TGV4aXNjaA==?=,

Was the file originally created (and "tracked") in an earlier version of Word?

If the user saves the file as XML, closes, re-opens (still as XML), accepts all
the changes, closes, then re-opens (still as XML) are the changes now gone?

If yes, then save it again as a Word document and things should be OK now.

With Word 2003 I have fought, fought, AND fought with track changes to get
them to "accept all" and resave, yet it continually IGNORES ME!!!

I have "accepted all changes," turned OFF "viewing" and RESAVED and
overwritten the file, yet, whenever the document is reopened, ALL the garbage
comes right back.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Lexisch

I'm not positive on an earlier version, as she gets documents from sources,
and sends them out for editing and then receives the edited version back. We
have no control over the versions that the originator or the editors are
using. I can have her start asking, if you think that's worthwhile,

Lexi

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TGV4aXNjaA==?=,

Was the file originally created (and "tracked") in an earlier version of Word?

If the user saves the file as XML, closes, re-opens (still as XML), accepts all
the changes, closes, then re-opens (still as XML) are the changes now gone?

If yes, then save it again as a Word document and things should be OK now.

With Word 2003 I have fought, fought, AND fought with track changes to get
them to "accept all" and resave, yet it continually IGNORES ME!!!

I have "accepted all changes," turned OFF "viewing" and RESAVED and
overwritten the file, yet, whenever the document is reopened, ALL the garbage
comes right back.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TGV4aXNjaA==?=,

She's just using Word as Word. We're not using XML, unless it's part of the
regular word.

Just ask her to follow the instructions I listed. XML should be available as a
file format from the File Type list.