Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hstiemke hstiemke is offline

Default Forms

Hi,
I have Word 2007 in the Vista operating system.
I have a doucment with check boxes and fields. I need to have the checkbox
so that I only need to click in it to make it checked. I don't want to have
to open a separate dialog box and choose "check box" as there are a lot of
them in my document. How do I go this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:46:00 -0800, hstiemke
wrote:

Hi,
I have Word 2007 in the Vista operating system.
I have a doucment with check boxes and fields. I need to have the checkbox
so that I only need to click in it to make it checked. I don't want to have
to open a separate dialog box and choose "check box" as there are a lot of
them in my document. How do I go this?

On the Review tab, click the Protect Document button and choose Restrict
Formatting and Editing. Under Editing Restrictions, check the box and choose
"Filling in forms" in the dropdown. That will make the check boxes active.

The drawback, if you're not familiar with protected forms, is that you can't
edit anything except the form fields, unless you unprotect the document. Read
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 for information about
protected forms.

--
Regards,