Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justyna

Default new heading styles

I created a template with new style based on built-in Heading1. But the new
style is not recognised as a heading style, e.g. when I want to use a SEQ
field:
SEQ Figure \* ARABIC \s 1
the sequence number is the next one even if there is new heading with new
number above. All is working fine when I use built-in Heading1 but with new
style it's not working. Do you know some reason or workaround?

Thanks&Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justyna

Thanks a lot. However I still don't understand why my style not behave as
Heading1 - I derived from Heading1 so I expect to have the same behaviour
untill I don't overwrite it explicitly.

"Justyna" wrote in message
I created a template with new style based on built-in Heading1. But the

new
style is not recognised as a heading style, e.g. when I want to use a SEQ
field:
SEQ Figure \* ARABIC \s 1
the sequence number is the next one even if there is new heading with new
number above. All is working fine when I use built-in Heading1 but with

new
style it's not working. Do you know some reason or workaround?

Thanks&Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word just doesn't work that way. Sorry.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: