Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rich Rich is offline

Default How do I upgrade Word 2007 to Vista Home Premium 32-bit?

I transferred Word 2007 from a desktop running XP Home Edition to a new
laptop with trial Office program already loaded. How do I make the program
on my laptop compatible with the old XP edition?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 14 May 2009 16:08:01 -0700, Rich wrote:

I transferred Word 2007 from a desktop running XP Home Edition to a new
laptop with trial Office program already loaded. How do I make the program
on my laptop compatible with the old XP edition?

Office 2007 runs identically on Windows XP and on Windows Vista (and on the
release candidate of Windows 7 as well) -- it really doesn't care anything about
the operating system if the OS version is sufficiently recent. What makes you
think it isn't "compatible"?

Maybe you're referring to the new (*.docx) file format vs. the old (*.doc)
format. Word 2007 will open and edit files in either format with no difficulty.
You can save any document in either format -- just change the "Save as type"
dropdown in the Save As dialog, or use the appropriate command on the Save As
menu under the Office button. Also, older versions of Word can be enabled to
read the newer format by downloading the Compatibility Pack:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...3-C6BB74CD1466

However, it was probably a mistake to install the 2007 version without first
uninstalling the trial version, if that's what you did. That combination has
produced some bizarre behavior, according to posts in these newsgroups. In fact,
I'd recommend uninstalling both versions and then reinstalling just the
non-trial version.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman