Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline

Default footer in template

I have created a template for a document that has to be inserted within
another document. It works fine apart from the footer. The footer has two
lines of text that are centred. When the 2nd doc is inserted within the 1st,
the footer is there and the first line is centered but the second line has
moved to the left. How can I prevent this happening.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I guess this could be caused by a style conflict (though I haven't been able
to reproduce it myself). Have you tried applying a unique style to format
the header text in the target file?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
I have created a template for a document that has to be inserted within
another document. It works fine apart from the footer. The footer has
two
lines of text that are centred. When the 2nd doc is inserted within the
1st,
the footer is there and the first line is centered but the second line has
moved to the left. How can I prevent this happening.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
I guess this could be caused by a style conflict (though I haven't been
able to reproduce it myself). Have you tried applying a unique style to
format the header text in the target file?

Sorry, I meant to write the *source* file (not the target file).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
I have created a template for a document that has to be inserted within
another document. It works fine apart from the footer. The footer has
two
lines of text that are centred. When the 2nd doc is inserted within the
1st,
the footer is there and the first line is centered but the second line
has
moved to the left. How can I prevent this happening.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help! :-)

--