Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cyclone 94 cyclone 94 is offline

Default Equation Editor

I want to insert an equation into my word 2007 document. The equation button
is grayed out. Why is this?? What do I need to do so that I can use equation
editor
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The reason that it is not enabled is because the document that you have as
the active document is open in compatibilty mode. If you save it as a Word
2007 document, or create a new document in Word 2007, it will become
available.

Note however, that you can still use to Equation Editor 3.0 by selecting
Object from the Text section of the Insert Tab and then select Equation
Editor 3.0 as the type of object to be inserted.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"cyclone 94" cyclone wrote in message
I want to insert an equation into my word 2007 document. The equation
button
is grayed out. Why is this?? What do I need to do so that I can use
equation
editor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Tnx Doug,

Do you know if it is possible to add an icon to the quick launch (or ribbon)
for the old equation editor (3.0)?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:40:03 -0800, Jeff wrote:

Tnx Doug,

Do you know if it is possible to add an icon to the quick launch (or ribbon)
for the old equation editor (3.0)?

Jeff

You can install a macro that invokes the equation editor, and then set a Quick
Access Toolbar button to run the macro. Here's the macro:

Sub InsertOldEquation()
ActiveDocument.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject _
ClassType:="Equation.3", Range:=Selection.Range
End Sub

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

EXCELLENT

Tnx Jay

Jeff

Need help with Equation Editor 3.0 glee Microsoft Word Help 1 March 4th 07 02:25 PM
Equation Editor - Word 2003 - Equation alignment heinalem Microsoft Word Help 1 August 25th 06 12:48 PM
How do you work Equation Editor without it removing your Equation About to have no more Hair!!!! Microsoft Word Help 2 March 20th 06 05:28 PM
Equation Editor Math Student New Users 4 January 10th 05 10:29 PM
equation editor sf New Users 1 November 27th 04 07:46 AM