Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nan Nan is offline

Default Merge formats

Maintaining multiple char/para formats in text in a field in a datafile
during a merge with a main merge document. The \charformat and highlighting
the first char of the field are too limited, I need text with lots of
different formatting to be merged.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Nan,

You can't re-format individual portions of a field via formatting switches. If you need the words formatted differently from each
other, they should be kept in different fields in the data source.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Nan" wrote in message ...
Maintaining multiple char/para formats in text in a field in a datafile
during a merge with a main merge document. The \charformat and highlighting
the first char of the field are too limited, I need text with lots of
different formatting to be merged.

Mail Merge Changing Formats Mazzeree Mailmerge 3 January 16th 07 06:33 PM
Number formats from Excel into mail merge R Ormerod Mailmerge 2 January 12th 07 05:17 PM
Mail merge formats Shey Mailmerge 5 October 26th 06 06:24 AM
How can I maintain Excel date formats in a mail merge? MKLeisure Mailmerge 1 August 30th 05 08:09 PM
Help With Time Formats When Doing A Mail Merge PLEASE nylebella Mailmerge 3 March 18th 05 04:09 AM