Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan the New Word Guy Dan the New Word Guy is offline

Default Trouble creating viewable background image in Word 2004 for mac

I have a jpg through photoshop that is sized to 8.5" x 11" @72 dpi, and am
trying to insert as a background image. When I do so, it is switching me to
the Normal view, instead of the page layout view, and also tiling my image.
When I switch back to page layout view, I can no longer see the image at all.
I originally tried to insert the background as just an inserted picture, but
in that case, I had to drag my margins all the way to the outside edges to
scale the image to the correct size, and wouldn't be able to control the
margin of my copy on top of it. Can anyone please help? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lost in ExcelLand Lost in ExcelLand is offline

What you could do is go into header/footer view, insert your picture and
scale it as you want/need. Once out of that view (header/footer), your
picture should be there and you should be able to type or place text w/in the
set margins. Let me know if it works!