JFW JFW is offline
Junior Member

Default Help having hightlight not be printed

I currently have a purchase and sale agreement template, which only has 7 parts of information that needs to be changed for each use. I was wondering if there was a way to have those parts highlighted as an easy reminder, but that the highlight wouldn't be printed. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the highlight can be seen, it will print. You can hide the highlighting
and then print, but that might not be useful. If you use form fields with
shading, I believe the shading doesn't print.

http://word.mvps.org

--
JFW

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,
I was wondering if there was a way to have
those parts highlighted as an easy reminder,
but that the highlight wouldn't be printed.
Any information is greatly appreciated.

any information about the Word version is greatly appreciated, too.
In Word 2010 you will find an option to show or hide highlight on
screen and paper.

--
Cheers
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But if you hide the highlighting from view, it won't print either (and vice
versa), or am I missing some new option in Word 2010 here?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lisa Wilke-Thissen" wrote in message
Hi,
I was wondering if there was a way to have
those parts highlighted as an easy reminder,
but that the highlight wouldn't be printed.
Any information is greatly appreciated.

any information about the Word version is greatly appreciated, too.
In Word 2010 you will find an option to show or hide highlight on screen and
paper.

--
Cheers
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi Stefan,

But if you hide the highlighting from view, it won't print either
(and vice versa), or am I missing some new option in Word 2010 here?

yes, you are right. The setting will hide/unhide highlighted text on
screen as well as on paper at the same time.
So JFW has to change the option just before printing, and just after
printing.
He can use this macro (provided by VBA help):

Sub ToggleHighlight()
ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.ShowHighlight = _
Not ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.ShowHighlight
End Sub

--
Cheers
Lisa