Merideth

Default How do I Protect Dropdowns but not the entire document?

I am using MS WORD 97. I am trying to create a table with dropdowns boxes. I
only want the table to be locked, not the entire document. I want the other
areas of the document to be free-flow. I have added continuous section breaks
before and after the dropdown table, but once I lock the table the entire
document locks and I can not enter text anywhere else in the document. It is
a rather large template and I'd prefer not to have to add Text Fields all
over the document. The template also has areas where screen shots and
imported diagrams need to be inserted. Is there a way to lock only specific
tables and not the entire document? If so, how?
Charles Kenyon

Use Tools Protect Document rather than simply the lock button on the forms
toolbar. This lets you choose sections to be protected. What you are talking
about is what Word calls an "online form." For more about online forms,
follow the links at http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,