Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mtnmama mtnmama is offline

Default Word 2007 to Word 2003

I have a new laptop and I want to go back to my old version of Office 2003.
Will Office 2003 work with Vista Home Premium? Also do I have to register
Office 2003 again on this new laptop? Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Office 2003 works fine in Vista. If Office 2003 was previously installed on
that computer, you probably will not need to reactivate. If Office 2003 was
installed on a different computer and has been removed, you can install it
on the new computer. You might need to phone Microsoft to complete
activation, but it shouldn't be a problem.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"mtnmama" wrote in message
I have a new laptop and I want to go back to my old version of Office 2003.
Will Office 2003 work with Vista Home Premium? Also do I have to register
Office 2003 again on this new laptop? Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

However, if this was an OEM version of Office 2003 that was on your old
computer, then no, you cannot move it to your new laptop. OEM applications
and Operating systems are specifically licenced for the computer that they
were purchased with and first installed on, so they live and die with that
computer.

If it is a retail version, then you may uninstall it and install it on your
new laptop. Also, if it is installed on a desktop PC, you may install it on
the laptop as well IF only one is in use at any given time. As Herb says,
you may need to telephone Microsoft in order to activate it a second time.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP