D Gee

Default Change sender in mail merge to email

I am trying to send a HTML email to our clients using mail merge to insert
their names and Word 2003 as the editor ( I also have outlook 2003). I have
access to other email addresses in the company and I am trying to send this
email from a generic ' marketing' address rather than my own name but when it
comes right to the end of the steps of the mail merge it does not give me an
option to change the sender and defaults to my email address when the email
is sent out.

I have tried changing the sending address in the ' from' box in outlook, but
when doing the merge in word it does not seem to pick up this data at all.

Is there any way of getting round this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trey

"D Gee" wrote:

I am trying to send a HTML email to our clients using mail merge to insert
their names and Word 2003 as the editor ( I also have outlook 2003). I have
access to other email addresses in the company and I am trying to send this
email from a generic ' marketing' address rather than my own name but when it
comes right to the end of the steps of the mail merge it does not give me an
option to change the sender and defaults to my email address when the email
is sent out.

I have tried changing the sending address in the ' from' box in outlook, but
when doing the merge in word it does not seem to pick up this data at all.

Is there any way of getting round this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I had this same question earlier on this group. Here's the solution: you
need to set up a 2nd profile on your Outlook so that you can have the choice
of logging into that other profile. Then -- when you try a Word mail merge --
the "From" address will reflect whichever profile you are currently logged in
to. My IT department was able to help me with this.

So -- whenever I start up Outlook -- I am prompted as to whether I want my
"personal" e-mail or my "mail-merge" e-mail. If I log into my "mail-merge"
e-mail profile -- then the from address will be what I want when I perform a
word merge. When I'm done -- I simply close out Outlook, restart it and
select my "personal" e-mail profile to do the rest of my e-mail duties.

So -- in summary: ask IT for a 2nd Outlook e-mail profile.

Hope that helps!