Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flats&Sharps Flats&Sharps is offline

Default Where can I find symbols for musical notation (accidentals, etc)?

Are there sets of symbols for musical notation somewhere (e.g., clef signs,
accidentals, time signatures, etc.) that I can directly insert into Word?

Music entry programs like Finale PrintMusic have them for entering text in a
musical score, but I haven't found a symbol set for use in a Microsoft
program. Surely I'm not the only person using Word to write about music?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

THe following URL may have what you need.

http://www.hindson.com.au/wordpress/...-for-download/

Hope it helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Flats&Sharps" wrote:

Are there sets of symbols for musical notation somewhere (e.g., clef signs,
accidentals, time signatures, etc.) that I can directly insert into Word?

Music entry programs like Finale PrintMusic have them for entering text in a
musical score, but I haven't found a symbol set for use in a Microsoft
program. Surely I'm not the only person using Word to write about music?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flats&Sharps[_2_] Flats&Sharps[_2_] is offline

Default Where can I find symbols for musical notation (accidentals, et

Thank you. It's just what I was looking for.

Sharps&Flats

"Flats&Sharps" wrote:

Are there sets of symbols for musical notation somewhere (e.g., clef signs,
accidentals, time signatures, etc.) that I can directly insert into Word?

Music entry programs like Finale PrintMusic have them for entering text in a
musical score, but I haven't found a symbol set for use in a Microsoft
program. Surely I'm not the only person using Word to write about music?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cliff Cliff is offline

Brian: I know that Wordperfect 12 have sharps and flats in their symbols.
I've recently switched over to Microsoft Word.
Thanks
Cliff

"Flats&Sharps" wrote:

Are there sets of symbols for musical notation somewhere (e.g., clef signs,
accidentals, time signatures, etc.) that I can directly insert into Word?

Music entry programs like Finale PrintMusic have them for entering text in a
musical score, but I haven't found a symbol set for use in a Microsoft
program. Surely I'm not the only person using Word to write about music?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you already own Finale (or any other music program that comes with
fonts), you can insert characters from its fonts into a Word document
using the Insert Symbol panel (just scroll to the font and hunt for
the items you want).

"Brian" wrote:
THe following URL may have what you need.

http://www.hindson.com.au/wordpress/...s-available-fo...

Hope it helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Flats&Sharps" wrote:

Are there sets of symbols for musical notation somewhere (e.g., clef signs,
accidentals, time signatures, etc.) *that I can directly insert into Word?

Music entry programs like Finale PrintMusic have them for entering text in a
musical score, but I haven't found a symbol set for use in a Microsoft
program. Surely I'm not the only person using Word to write about music?-

How do I insert a sharp or flat (musical symbols) into the text? Ganesha Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 05 10:38 PM
How do I insert a sharp or flat (musical symbols) into the text? Ganesha Microsoft Word Help 0 June 21st 05 05:57 PM
Using "Find and Replace" for Symbols Hi Ho Silver Microsoft Word Help 4 June 10th 05 01:44 AM
Musical symbols Brian White New Users 3 April 5th 05 06:36 PM
How can I insert music notation symbols in MS word? FreddaR Microsoft Word Help 1 March 25th 05 12:44 AM