ksahwttr

Default how to get auto caps on bulleted list

I am using Word 2003. In autocorrect, I have checked all the boxes and
caps do work in general text, however, in a bulletted or numbered list,
the first word is not in cap. How do I make it capitalized everytime I
start a new line. Any suggestions?

ksahwttr

In Word 97, it does work, BUT in Word 2003, it doesn't. You would think
Word 2003 would have remembered this simple but necessary function.

Periods at the end of the sentence before the next line does not cap
the first letter in a list!!!!!!!

Any more suggestions!!!!!

Well, it's working here for me in Word 2003. If I apply the List Bullet
style (Ctrl+Shift+L) and type "some text," "some" is capitalized. If I press
Enter (no period at the end of the paragraph) and type "more text," "more"
is capitalized.

"ksahwttr" wrote in message
oups.com...
In Word 97, it does work, BUT in Word 2003, it doesn't. You would think
Word 2003 would have remembered this simple but necessary function.

Periods at the end of the sentence before the next line does not cap
the first letter in a list!!!!!!!

Any more suggestions!!!!!

ksahwttr

Thank you. Yes it works for the buleted list. Can you tell me if you
can get it to work for the numbered list. I'm sorry, I should have been
clear, it is the numbered list I am after.

I was very specific about this working only for bulleted lists since the
thread had, I believe, already confirmed that it doesn't work for numbered
lists. This is the result of an ill-conceived design change in Word 2000 or
2002. See "Word does not capitalize the first letter of a sentence" at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291538

ups.com...