Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. Matt Mr. Matt is offline

Default Exporting content control to Excel

Can anyone tell me how to export the text in content control in Word 2007 to
Excel? I used to be able to do this with form fields in 2003.

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want to get data out of Word 2007 content controls, you'll
probably have to write VBA or .NET code to do it, or find another way to
get the data out of the .docx files that you save.

If all you wanted to do was carry on using the same form fields you had
in 2003, they ae still there, but in the Developer tab in the
ribbon-Controls-Legacy tools.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Mr. Matt wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to export the text in content control in Word 2007 to
Excel? I used to be able to do this with form fields in 2003.

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Seems like you found out how to post a question. See my response to your
later post.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Rbrown" wrote in message
Hi Peter,

I can't seem to post a question but I can submit a reply. My question is
slightly different. I am in the oil and gas business in Calgary. My
particular business requires collecting data on a premade word document
then
submitting that word document to one company. However, before I submit
this
word document I take some of the data from it and put it on a excel spread
sheet that I submit to the Alberta Government. The Government portion
takes
alot of my time in a very rushed atmosphere. Is there some way that I can
take pieces from my word document and easily export it to a excel
spreadsheet
in a certain format? If you suggest a VBA program can you direct me to
someone who can help me with that?

Look forward to your replyl
--
Sincerely,