LavaDude

Default Removing the link to an Excel File

How can I remove the merge data source from a Word document? ... I have an
Excel file that is the data source and everytime I open Word, it opens the
Excel file... I no longer wish to have the Word document as a mail merge
file, but would just like to use it as a regular Word document without any
mergefields or merge links... Can anyone help?

I have a WinXP w/ Word/Excel 2000

TIA! ...

LavaDude...
Doug Robbins

Open the document and then access the Mailmerge helper from the Tools menu
and in Step one, instead of formletter, select the option for a normal Word
document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"LavaDude" wrote in message
How can I remove the merge data source from a Word document? ... I have an
Excel file that is the data source and everytime I open Word, it opens the
Excel file... I no longer wish to have the Word document as a mail merge
file, but would just like to use it as a regular Word document without any
mergefields or merge links... Can anyone help?

I have a WinXP w/ Word/Excel 2000

TIA! ...

LavaDude...

LavaDude

It worked! Thank you very much! ... I didn't know that option would be
located there...

LavaDude...

"Doug Robbins" wrote in
: