Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
V-ger

Default Macros in 2003 multiple but connected problems?

These questions may be connected (new installation of Word 2K3/XP on all
workstations at location):

1. Writing very simple macros (change printer bins, add page numbering,
etc.) work until Word is shut down then never work again;
2. When macro inserts page numbering, header disappears and returns when
page numbering turned off; and,
3. The Organizer for "normal.dot (global template)" shows no macros created
- only New Macros so I can't copy them. I tried creating macros in the
normal.dot itself and on a blank page and get the same result in the
organizer.

I'm not certain if this is one question or two (or three). If I need to
repost, I can. I have turned the Security level to Low on each workstation
and I have read everything suggested by MVPs and other techs in previous
macro posts but, so far, to no avail. Does 2003 work differently with
macros? Please, any suggestions as to why the macros aren't working. These
are the same macros I have created for many other offices in other versions
of Word and they work just fine - very simple. Please help. Thank you so
much, in advance.