Tina

Default drop cap in text block

I am working on a newsletter that contains linked text blocks in columns. I
see that I am unable to use the "drop cap" function for the first letter in
the first paragraph in the first text block. I'm sure there is a work-around
but I'm unable to make it work. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Tina

There is no workaround. A drop cap is just a large letter in a frame; a
frame cannot be inserted in a text box.

"Tina" wrote in message
I am working on a newsletter that contains linked text blocks in columns.

see that I am unable to use the "drop cap" function for the first letter

in
the first paragraph in the first text block. I'm sure there is a

work-around
but I'm unable to make it work. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Tina

How do I turn select text on and use Find to select a block of te. hpmted Microsoft Word Help 2 April 13th 05 12:32 AM
Cannot use the delete key for deleting a block of text NCL Microsoft Word Help 1 March 29th 05 12:47 AM
When I block text and click delete, I get a message "Block text? . D-- Microsoft Word Help 1 February 18th 05 08:07 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Disable locks on text in text block tool? Joan Ramsay Microsoft Word Help 1 December 25th 04 02:22 AM