Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tree Branch[_2_] Tree Branch[_2_] is offline

Default Merging from Excel to Word.

Thanks for the 2 comments but I am referring to a list from Excel and I wish
to use that list to make letters, not labels. The letter is done. I just have
to merge all of my thousands of addresses into the one letter. I really do
need help. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rickijayne Rickijayne is offline

The feature you want is called "mail merge". Go to the Help section in Word
and type that in. The step-by-step instructions are in the topic called, "Use
mail merge to create and print letters and other documents".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The principle is exactly that at
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm except you use
your letter as a source document (rather than a label template) into which
you add the fields from your Excel data file. Create a separate merge for
your envelopes. If there are 'thousands' of addresses, you may find it
helpful to break the data list into smaller more manageable groups.

Merging Excel to Word Ness Mailmerge 1 April 27th 07 07:30 AM
merging from excel to word LERY616 Mailmerge 3 July 19th 06 08:00 PM
Merging Excel to Word document bourkm Mailmerge 1 January 26th 06 05:03 AM
Merging excel with Word $ and % format is lost when merging Mailmerge 1 March 31st 05 05:04 PM
Merging from Excel into word Wim Willemse Mailmerge 3 March 31st 05 12:17 PM