Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
C in San Diego C in San Diego is offline

Default Word 2000 Documents are not opening properly

Documents saved will not open correctly. If I browse to a file and try to
open it, none of the formating or graphics saved in that file will be
displayed. However what appears to be code for the formating & graphics shows
as text.

If I close the file and re-open it from the quick launch ('File') menue, it
will open correctly.

I need help to correct this problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ed Ed is offline

Hi C,

If by "browse" you mean use Word's File Open dialog, then check whether,
in that dialog, the "Files of type" value has accidentally become set to
"Recover text from any file". If it has, change it to something more
suitable. I have a vague recollection that that setting in Word 2000 used to
get set and "stick" sometimes.

If not, then can you post back with how you're browsing and with some more
details of exactly what you're seeing (maybe a sample) and someone may be
able to help.

Regards.

Ed