Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joseph Joseph is offline

Default creating busines cards? or hand outs

I have an 8 by 10 promotional bulletin. It includes a photo and logos. I want
to segment it into 4 smaller ones on the one page, with the existing border.
All of the Help information points to the ability to do this, but I can't
find the very simple step by step instructions.
I imagine the same process would work for printing a page of business cards,
but when I go to Help, it takes me to a sample page to download.
This is new to me. I need the step by step links to follow.
Oh I created a 'Template' I think? Now can't find it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joseph Joseph is offline

I searched this thread 'cards'. This response seems helpful, but I will need
the detailed directions on tables/cells. (many Helps assume us poor folks
know what this stuff means.)
"There are several possible approaches. You could set up a table that
contains as many 3 by 5 cells as you can fit, allowing for the printable
area. Or, you could use Word's labels feature and print to an Avery or other
product that corresponds with 3 x 5 cards."
I still want to know how to do the above, but I found a very simple
solution.
"You could create a fully formatted full page document and then if the print
dialog, set the pages to print as 1, 1, 1, 1 and in the Zoom section of the
dialog, select 4 pages per sheet." I got it to print one small card in the
top left." by Doug Robbins MVP
Now if he'll come by and cut the pages for me??? (:+P

"joseph" wrote:

I have an 8 by 10 promotional bulletin. It includes a photo and logos. I want
to segment it into 4 smaller ones on the one page, with the existing border.
All of the Help information points to the ability to do this, but I can't
find the very simple step by step instructions.
I imagine the same process would work for printing a page of business cards,
but when I go to Help, it takes me to a sample page to download.
This is new to me. I need the step by step links to follow.
Oh I created a 'Template' I think? Now can't find it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Sorry, I am otherwise occupied.

You may find that printing to an Avery 3259 NoteCard or 3263 PostCard using
the same 4 sheets to a page and printing page 1,1,1,1 will be an acceptable
substitute for my cutting them up for you, which you couldn't afford anyway.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"joseph" wrote:

I have an 8 by 10 promotional bulletin. It includes a photo and logos. I
want
to segment it into 4 smaller ones on the one page, with the existing
border.
All of the Help information points to the ability to do this, but I can't
find the very simple step by step instructions.
I imagine the same process would work for printing a page of business
cards,
but when I go to Help, it takes me to a sample page to download.
This is new to me. I need the step by step links to follow.
Oh I created a 'Template' I think? Now can't find it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joseph Joseph is offline

Thanks for solving my problem. It didn't occur to me that the printer could
do that function. What is Avery? I am now thinking to get paper the notepad
size I want, then see if I can create the document for that size and print
off without having to cut.
I still can't figure out the tables cells thing. when I create tables they
are small, then I stretch them to full size. when I try to paste my doc into
one it goes to the whole page.
I can't believe I can't just take make my full page document and segment
into smaller ones on the same sheet.

"joseph" wrote:

I have an 8 by 10 promotional bulletin. It includes a photo and logos. I
want
to segment it into 4 smaller ones on the one page, with the existing
border.
All of the Help information points to the ability to do this, but I can't
find the very simple step by step instructions.
I imagine the same process would work for printing a page of business
cards,
but when I go to Help, it takes me to a sample page to download.
This is new to me. I need the step by step links to follow.
Oh I created a 'Template' I think? Now can't find it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For Avery, see Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels | Labels