Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John@irmc

Default How do I add a separate header file in Word 2003 Mail Merge?

I will be using the Mail Merge document repeatedly with different data files.
The data files (delimited text files, which I will rename, so it always has
the same name, and is in the same location) do NOT have a header row to use
as field codes to embed in the document. In the past I have used a separate
document with just the field names in it, for this purpose. But I cannot find
a way to do this now. The 'Wizard' does not give me this option, and I can't
find any other way to tell Word 2003 to do this. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

The option to do this still exists but it does not always work the same way
as it used to.

Go into Tools|Customize|Commands, select category All Commands, and locate
either MailMergeHelper (the old Mail merge Helper) or
MailMergeOpenHeaderSource and drag the command to a menu or toolbar (in Word
2003 you can have the MailMerge toolbar enabled all the time and in most
cases it's easier to workk with merges that way than to use the Wizard).

Peter Jamieson