Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Data Form Dialogue Box Counts Backwards

The same thing happens when I'm just in the datasource file, except
the datasource DOES see the last record.

What type of file is the data source? By "in the data source" do you mean
"as seen when you click the View SOurce button in the Data Form dialog, or
something else, in which case can you tell us what? Version of Word may be
useful info. too.

Are you using the database toolbar to examine/modify data in a table that
has been inserted using a DATABASE field, or just an ordinary table? If the
former, can you press alt-F9 to reveal the DATABASE field and tell us what
the field code says?

Peter Jamieson

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]" wrote in
message ...
Sorry: This is the Macintosh Word Group. Redirecting to the correct
group...

On 21/4/06 12:39 AM, in article
, "Lauren"
wrote:

I'm using XP Pro SP 2, Word 2002 SP 3.

I'm using the "Data Form" function from the Database Toolbar, something
I've
used everyday for 4 years. There was a quick power outage in the office
and
now when I have the dialogue box open and click on "Last Record", the
records
run in DEscending order, plus the main document will not "see" the last
record. The same thing happens when I'm just in the datasource file,
except
the datasource DOES see the last record.

Our files are arranged by month. April is the only one having the
problem,
as this was the file open during the power outage.

I've restarted the computer, used the repair feature, tried to use a
back-up
from the previous day but somehow that April file has also been affected.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lauren

I apologize PROFUSELY for not continuing this sooner. I thought I would be
contacted via email when a response was posted.

"do you mean
"as seen when you click the View SOurce button in the Data Form dialog...."
YES (caps to stand out, not yelling!)
"Are you using the database toolbar to examine/modify data in a table that
has been inserted using a DATABASE field, or just an ordinary table?"
DATABASE FIELD
(my boss used the Mail Merge Wizard to originally create this table and
merges the table to a Form for printing/faxing 1 record at a time, if that
helps)

But in any case, I chalked this up to a corrupted file and was somehow able
to salvage my info. I do appreciate the response, though, as I always do
Take care!
--
~lauren~

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Hi Lauren:

We'll let you off with just four Hail Marys this time :-)

Seriously: It used to be considered good Netiquette to send an email
drop-copy to the original poster whenever you replied to a Usenet post.

In this age of spam, it no longer is. Some people will now abuse you
pungently if you send a drop-copy :-)

In the meantime, the whole concept of Usenet itself has been purloined by
the "screen scrapers" out there. The core knowledge store for this "place"
still resides on an NNTP Usenet server that peers with any sever that asks
it to (as a Usenet server should). But sadly, more than 80 per cent of our
audience now arrives via one of the websites that are slurping up all our
hard work and surrounding it with advertising, so people have no idea that
they can actually still get their answers in hours or minutes and spam-free
:-)

Cheers

On 28/5/06 1:58 AM, in article
, "Lauren"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I apologize PROFUSELY for not continuing this sooner.

No problem, glad you fixed it and thanks for the feedback.

Peter Jamieson

wrote:

[...]

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do not
email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical
Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lauren

John,

Since my religion is that of Jesus and Moses, I guess I'm off the hook!
Thanks again for your help
--
~lauren~