Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jimmy

Default conditional page breaks ?

Is it possible to setup up a macro for conditional page breaking? Let's
say I have a parts listing sorted by store number. When the
store number changes I would like a page break. Could this be possible?
The list is too large to manually insert the page breaks. If only it was as
easy as excels subtotals.............
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Word isn't really geared for this kind of thing - if you are using Access,
for example, you should be able to do what you need using the Access report
designer (and Access can get its data from lots of places.

However, to do it in Word, see the following articles:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

Peter Jamieson

"Jimmy" wrote in message
Is it possible to setup up a macro for conditional page breaking? Let's
say I have a parts listing sorted by store number. When the
store number changes I would like a page break. Could this be possible?
The list is too large to manually insert the page breaks. If only it was
as
easy as excels subtotals.............

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I you create a Catalog (on in Word XP and later, it's called Directory) type
mailmerge main document with the mergefields in the cells of a one row table
in the mailmerge main document with the Store field in the first cell in the
row and then execute that merge to a new document and then run the following
macro, it will create separate tables with the records for each key field in
them. With a bit of further development, you may be able to get it to do
what you want.

' Macro to create multiple items per condition in separate tables from a
directory type mailmerge

Dim source As Document, target As Document, scat As Range, tcat As Range
Dim data As Range, stab As Table, ttab As Table
Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long, n As Long
Set source = ActiveDocument
Set target = Documents.Add
Set stab = source.Tables(1)
k = stab.Columns.Count
Set ttab = target.Tables.Add(Range:=Selection.Range, numrows:=1,
numcolumns:=k - 1)
Set scat = stab.Cell(1, 1).Range
scat.End = scat.End - 1
ttab.Cell(1, 1).Range = scat
j = ttab.Rows.Count
For i = 1 To stab.Rows.Count
Set tcat = ttab.Cell(j, 1).Range
tcat.End = tcat.End - 1
Set scat = stab.Cell(i, 1).Range
scat.End = scat.End - 1
If scat tcat Then
ttab.Rows.Add
j = ttab.Rows.Count
ttab.Cell(j, 1).Range = scat
ttab.Cell(j, 1).Range.Paragraphs(1).PageBreakBefore = True
ttab.Rows.Add
ttab.Cell(j + 1, 1).Range.Paragraphs(1).PageBreakBefore = False
For n = 2 To k
Set data = stab.Cell(i, n).Range
data.End = data.End - 1
ttab.Cell(ttab.Rows.Count, n - 1).Range = data
Next n
Else
ttab.Rows.Add
For n = 2 To k
Set data = stab.Cell(i, n).Range
data.End = data.End - 1
ttab.Cell(ttab.Rows.Count, n - 1).Range = data
Next n
End If
Next i

--