Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Geoff

Default TOC using Text in Table

Is is possible to create a table of contents using text drawn from two
columns of a table?

Column 1 of my table contains a number. Column 2 contains some text.

I want my table of contents to display the number and the text on the same
line (perhaps separated by a tab), with the page number aligned to the right
margin; eg

1. My First Subject..................................2
2. My Second Subject.............................4

TIA
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

There is no doubt that, with a macro, you could create what appears to be a
table of contents with that information. You could not however do it using
the normal method of creating a table of contents that results in the
creation of a { TOC } field that can be updated.

To update a "table of contents" created by such a macro, it would be
necessary to re-run the macro (after first deleting and such "table of
contents" that was already in the document, but the deletion could also be
handled by the macro).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Geoff" wrote in message
Is is possible to create a table of contents using text drawn from two
columns of a table?

Column 1 of my table contains a number. Column 2 contains some text.

I want my table of contents to display the number and the text on the same
line (perhaps separated by a tab), with the page number aligned to the
right margin; eg

2. My Second Subject.............................4

TIA
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Geoff