Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Scott Rymer Scott Rymer is offline

Default Shading during print

I have a table with various shading elements: yellow headers, alternating
grey/white. On screen, all is well but when I print to a printer, PDF or
XPS, the shading gets all messed up with extra white lines near the bottom
of every cell. Any suggestions on getting this to print as on screen?

-Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Scott Rymer Scott Rymer is offline

On further investigation, it appears that when I have Cell Margins 0, the
shading stops on the bottom of the cell with the whitespace height equal to
the sum of the Top Margin + Bottom Margin. (eg. 0.04 Top + 0.04 Bottom =
0.08 whitespace at bottom of cell; 0.08 Top + 0.00 Bottom = 0.08 whitespace
at bottom of cell)

I have made sure that all margins are equal in the row of cells and have
also made sure that I am applying shading to the "Cell" and not just the
paragraph (as per previous posts on the issue). Removing Cell Margins is
not an option.

-Scott

"Scott Rymer" wrote in message
I have a table with various shading elements: yellow headers, alternating
grey/white. On screen, all is well but when I print to a printer, PDF or
XPS, the shading gets all messed up with extra white lines near the bottom
of every cell. Any suggestions on getting this to print as on screen?

-Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Scott Rymer Scott Rymer is offline

My problems are with Word 2003...
I transferred the file from work to my personal laptop with Word 2007 and
printed to PDF. Formatting is perfect!