Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
XP XP is offline

Default Locked table settings not saved and edit mode switched on

I'm using Office 2003 and I have a table in a document. I locked certain
cells in the table, while keeping others unlocked. I also have a few
checkboxes in the document. This is all great, BUT...

Every time I reopen the document, it displays the areas that can be edited
using ugly yellow squares. The document also goes into edit mode for the
check boxes so when you check them, they don't work, but instead the checkbox
object is selected.

This happens even though I turned the display off and turned off edit mode
and saved the document. The next time it's opened these settings are goofed
up. How can I fix this? This is EXTREMELY frustrating...

Thanks in advance for your assistance.