Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
fgwiii fgwiii is offline

Default toc

I created a document that contains a TOC and I allowed other users to update
the document. Now all of the entries have the same page number and when I
attempt to update the TOC I get the following error"Error! No table of
contents entries found.". I am running MS Word 2002

Thanks for your help

Fred
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You get that error message if the following are true:

1. There are no Heading # styles in use in the document. If you use Heading
1, Heading 2, etc. for your headings, Word can automatically create the TOC
using those heading levels. This is the recommended way to do it.

2. There are no TC fields

3. You have not instructed Word to automatically use text formatted with
some other style as TOC entries.

If you're getting that error, it means that the other users have managed to
make all of the above true.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible