Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RSunday RSunday is offline

Default Position of "numbering" numbers in the cell

I want my rows numbered. I mark the first column and click the "numbering"
button on the command bar. Then I get the numbers.

But all my numbers are indented - i.e. the column has to be much wider than
needed for showing the numbers. How do I position the numbers to the left?

Simple "align left" doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Check the Indentation and Hanging settings for these numbers under the Format
Paragraph menu.
The default for these numbering is 0.63cm/0.25" indented.
Hope this helps

"RSunday" wrote:

I want my rows numbered. I mark the first column and click the "numbering"
button on the command bar. Then I get the numbers.

But all my numbers are indented - i.e. the column has to be much wider than
needed for showing the numbers. How do I position the numbers to the left?

Simple "align left" doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

You can also edit this indentation under the Format, Bullets and Numbering,
Customize, Align at: