Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jason Jason is offline

Default Table Properties get lost with Excel link update

I have a table in word that takes data from excel via a link and certain
table properties, i.e. borders and text alignment get lost and revert back
after an update while others remain.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mary12345 Mary12345 is offline

Jason, I may have found the answer. Go to Tools, Options, then select the
Compatibility tab. Select the correct option in the Recommended options
for: box.

For me it was Microsoft Office Word 2003 because that is what we are using.
Now various formattings that were not holding are holding. It was strange
because this not holding business happened only sporadically.

Update Link - Table Shifts Knox Tables 7 April 9th 08 09:29 AM
will "field link" link a table in Word to an Excel table? rock crushing engineer Tables 1 June 12th 06 11:13 PM
ASP.NET - Excel - Mail Merge in Word causes "Data Link Properties" dialog to appear. [email protected] Mailmerge 1 April 18th 06 02:38 PM
Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel yvonnedemulder Tables 1 December 6th 05 06:49 PM
Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel yvonnedemulder Microsoft Word Help 4 December 6th 05 06:49 PM