Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cee Cee is offline

Default Error using Excel table created in Word 2007, in Word 2003

I pasted a table created in Excel 2007 into Word 2007 using paste special
paste as: Microsoft Office Excel 2003 Worksheet Object. Both the original
Excel table and the Word doc were saved as "Word/Excel 97-2003" files.

When document is opened in client's Word 2003 program, the table reports a
"#NAME? " error in cells that provide results to calculations. In case it
helps: example of formula being used is
"=IF(ISBLANK(cellreference),"",EDATE(cellreference ,3))"

Table works fine using my Word and Excel 2007 and all other elements of
table appear and work in client's 2003 document.

Is there something I can change to make this table compatible with Word 2003?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi Cee,

Is the reference to a named range? There is a bug in Office 2003 Service Pack 3 that breaks the ability to link named ranges.
There is a hotfix that fixes that one, but it's not clear that you're seeing the same issue from your description. Can you post a
link to a sample file set?

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP