Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rallen Rallen is offline

Default copy row formatting

How can I copy table row formatting? I'm using the resume templates (based
on tables) and when I need to insert additional rows to provide more info I
can easily get the new row and copy the text in previous rows to get the text
formatting - but I can't easily duplicate the row formatting (things like
border width/color, row height, etc). Any suggestions - I'm in Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sam sam is offline

On May 13, 7:53*pm, RAllen wrote:
How can I copy table row formatting? *I'm using the resume templates (based
on tables) and when I need to insert additional rows to provide more info I
can easily get the new row and copy the text in previous rows to get the text
formatting - but I can't easily duplicate the row formatting (things like
border width/color, row height, etc). *Any suggestions - I'm in Word 2007.

Copy the table ( Ctrl+c) and then paste the table( Ctrl+V) , if the
table is not visible, an icon of paste would be displayed
Click the icon and select Keep source formatting.

Thas it!! The table along with the format would be copied.
SAM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rallen Rallen is offline

Sam--
Thank you for the quick response. That works, but I don't need the whole
table, I just need to insert a row or two. For instance, if the resume
template has room for 3 jobs and I need to enter 5 I will need to insert just
2 rows. Again - no problem with the text formatting - just all the other
formatting options (row height, border color, etc.).

"sam" wrote:

On May 13, 7:53 pm, RAllen wrote:
How can I copy table row formatting? I'm using the resume templates (based
on tables) and when I need to insert additional rows to provide more info I
can easily get the new row and copy the text in previous rows to get the text
formatting - but I can't easily duplicate the row formatting (things like
border width/color, row height, etc). Any suggestions - I'm in Word 2007.

Copy the table ( Ctrl+c) and then paste the table( Ctrl+V) , if the
table is not visible, an icon of paste would be displayed
Click the icon and select Keep source formatting.

Thas it!! The table along with the format would be copied.
SAM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

When selecting the row, ensure you also include the End of Row indicator (the
funny star type thingy on the right of the table). Copy and paste this row to
where you want is and all the formatting, internal margins, borders, etc will
be copied.
Hope this helps
DeanH