Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PatJennings PatJennings is offline

Default Importing from web

I am using Word 2002.
If I copy from a webpage into Word and then create a table with that data,
anytime I use landscape paging, I get an error stating that the margin is
outside the printable area.

The latest attempt was to copy a singular list of names into Word. Once
imported, I created a table with the names in the first column and manually
added other data (addresses, phone numbers, and other data) in additional
columns. On screen layout and print preview looked good. When sending to
the printer, I received a warning message about the incorrect margins being
outside the printable area. Using the adjustment automatically provided from
the warning caused the first and perhaps additional columns to be truncated
and were not printed.

I switched page layout to portrait, resizing the columns appropriately. The
number of pages increased concurrently. Printing worked properly.

I think this happens only when I am using imported data.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PatJennings PatJennings is offline

Perhaps I have not stated the case properly.
On my webpage, I have listed names of members of our organization. No other
information for them exists on the page. Rather than recreating the names
data, I copied them to Word. From there I created a table, adding other
info in the columns. The table works properly if layout is portrait. It
fails if Landscape,
Hopefully, someone can assist?

"PatJennings" wrote in message
[...]

Importing EPS graphics Cardlaw Microsoft Word Help 1 September 21st 06 05:55 AM
Importing from Excel tgash Tables 1 June 7th 06 07:18 PM
Importing Doc Humbertt Microsoft Word Help 1 November 29th 05 06:55 PM
Importing new fonts Gerald Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 05 11:00 PM
Importing Objects Cindy M -WordMVP- Microsoft Word Help 0 November 30th 04 11:02 AM