Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
tooolnut tooolnut is offline

Default How to join two tables into one

A table became split into three when I selected and dragged and dropped rows
within it in order to rearrange them. How do I rejoin these pieces? I read
the entire online help, but there is nothing on this topic and what prevents
two tables from being joined. I checked the properties of the two tables I'm
trying to rejoin: they're identical, as far as I can tell, and there is no
reason why they shouldn't be, as they came from the same table. Copying and
pasting of rows is no cure either.

I have never had this problem with WORD 2003, as I am now having with the
2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If both tables have the "Text wrapping" set to "None" (in Table Properties),
you should be able to delete the paragraph mark(s) between tables to merge
them. To simplify the task, show nonprinting marks, including paragraph
marks (¶), for example by clicking the ¶ button on the Home ribbon tab.

If you are having problems getting the column widths to match, you can fix
that by holding the Alt key while dragging the border (or gridline, if no
borders are displayed) in place.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tooolnut" wrote in message
A table became split into three when I selected and dragged and dropped
rows
within it in order to rearrange them. How do I rejoin these pieces? I read
the entire online help, but there is nothing on this topic and what
prevents
two tables from being joined. I checked the properties of the two tables
I'm
trying to rejoin: they're identical, as far as I can tell, and there is no
reason why they shouldn't be, as they came from the same table. Copying
and
pasting of rows is no cure either.

I have never had this problem with WORD 2003, as I am now having with the
2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
tooolnut tooolnut is offline

I'm now sorry that I have posted this same question in two different places,
the other one being under the "Word/VBA General Questions" forum, "Making 2
Tables into 1 Table." You don't need to reply to this one and interested
parties can continue the discussion over there. I have posted my reply to
Stefan's suggestion over there.

Thanks.

join tables shank New Users 4 April 20th 07 03:55 AM
How can I join two tables in Microsoft Word? BGJim Tables 1 February 23rd 06 09:39 PM
join two stubborn tables Jessica Page Layout 2 August 30th 05 03:41 PM
Cannot join several tables Cowtoon Tables 1 March 14th 05 07:23 PM
How do I join 2 tables stacynagyvary Tables 4 January 10th 05 06:48 PM