Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Philip

Default Word 2003 Merge won't show data in Access Query?

Hi All,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I create a email merge form letter
linked to a Access 2003 query, none of the data shows. Everything is blank.
Yet, when I look at the query in Access, there's plenty of data.

Any suggestions?

pk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

If your query uses wildcards (*,%,_ or ?) then there can be a mismatch
between Word/Jet/Access. In that case the quickest fix is probably to check
Word Tools|Options|General|Confirm conversions at open, go through the
connection process agai, and try the DDE option when offered. it will cause
Access to open, which can be a pain if you are setting this up for others to
use, but is usually not too problematic if you're just doing the merge
yourself.

Peter Jamieson

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How do I consolidate multiple mail merge data files into one file Robert Mailmerge 6 July 7th 05 10:11 PM
Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 05:10 AM
multiple docs, one data source kp Mailmerge 12 January 31st 05 04:41 PM