Need MS Word and Excel Person

Default Copy .rtf format from word to excel

Currently, my data are in .rtf format in Word and when I copy into Excel
2000, it puts all the data into one column in different rows.

Is there any possible way when copying from .rtf format from MS Word 2000
into Excel, it can be in different cells in Excel as you would normal copy
and paste data from Word to Excel and then you can do the text to column
functionality?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TmVlZCBNUyBXb3JkIGFuZCBFeGNlbCBQZXJzb24=?=,

Currently, my data are in .rtf format in Word and when I copy into Excel
2000, it puts all the data into one column in different rows.

Is there any possible way when copying from .rtf format from MS Word 2000
into Excel, it can be in different cells in Excel as you would normal copy
and paste data from Word to Excel and then you can do the text to column
functionality?

I have no idea what you mean by "rtf format". If you're copying from a Word
document, you're copying Word, not RTF. It's quite possible that Excel is
picking up RTF from the Clipboard, or maybe HTML, but that doesn't give us
any useful information. Please describe exactly what you're trying to copy
from Word. Is it text? Or a table? Or something else? What kind of characters
does it contain? New lines or carriage returns? Something else other than
plain text? And in which version of Office are you working?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org