JOI

Default How do I change or edit text in a scanned document?

I scan a document with HP all in one I cannot get it to let me change text in
the scan program or in word. I know this must be possible but I don't know
know how. This is Micro Office 2003.
CyberTaz

Hi JOI-

The scanned fle is an image of the document content, not text. In order to
have editable text the scanning needs to be done with OCR (Optcal Character
Recognition) software. It such software came with your all-in-one, use it to
re-scan the document. You can also purchase OCR programs if it wasn't
included with the unit.

There may also be some type o utility software to convert the image to a
text file, but I do not know of any I would recommend.

Good Luck |:)