timtak

Default Preview & printout different! Preview follows edge of image printo

First a piece of advice for those using word for DPT...

When you want text to follow the edge of an isolated .jpg image
then the 'follow edge' selection in word (in the image properties)
will not work. I think that it only works for gif images with transparent
backgrounds.

To get around this, I put the image beneath the text
then draw a line in freehand around the image. I then set the
properties of the shape made by the freehand line to follow edge,
transpartent, transparent line. This technique has always worked
for me in the past. Here is an example (the image and text are
copyright)

http://tim.econo.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp/t...nce_stores.doc

However, just recently I have found that a couple of images/pages
display fine (with the text following the outline of the image) but
when I go to print them, the text is being obscured by the image.

(Image and text copyright)
http://tim.econo.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp/t...Activities.doc

Please, please tell me why!

Tim

timtak

I tried using the very interesting product "Crosseyes" to reveal the
formating codes for the two images in the documents above, but alas Crossyes
crashes, perhaps because my system is Japanese.

WYSIWYG is broken!

Tim

Print Preview WES Microsoft Word Help 2 September 4th 05 09:25 PM
Web PreView / PrintPreview WES Page Layout 0 September 4th 05 05:07 PM
Jump back from page (n) on print preview to that page in Word (n) Kenn Raymond Microsoft Word Help 1 August 24th 05 04:04 PM
Why can I not preview my web page with "Web Page Preview" ? coloradoweed Microsoft Word Help 2 May 4th 05 07:43 PM
Control Check Box Moves in Print Preview Diane Formatting Long Documents 0 April 27th 05 06:58 PM