Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
curiouscat75 curiouscat75 is offline

Default stop Word from updating the date everytime I open an old document

Everytime I open a saved Word document Word changes the date to the current
date, these are legal documents that I am opening and I do not want the date
to change.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
curiouscat75 curiouscat75 is offline

Default stop Word from updating the date everytime I open an old docum

great thanks, next silly Q, where do I find the 'date field' to change to
'createdate'
thanks again

"Jezebel" wrote:

Change the DATE fields to CREATEDATE.

"curiouscat75" wrote in message
Everytime I open a saved Word document Word changes the date to the
current
date, these are legal documents that I am opening and I do not want the
date
to change.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
curiouscat75 curiouscat75 is offline

again I thank you for your patience and help, but I am a bit of a techno
retard, I tried Alt F9 and nothing happened? might be best if I just accept
what is?

Press alt-f9

"Jezebel" wrote:

Change the DATE fields to CREATEDATE.

"curiouscat75" wrote in message
Everytime I open a saved Word document Word changes the date to the
current
date, these are legal documents that I am opening and I do not want the
date
to change.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Reading Help on fields might be a better approach. Pressing Alt-F9 toggles
the display of field codes and field results (also available on Tools
Options). Fields are instructions to Word to insert some automatic content.
Have a look at Insert Fields for the list of possibles. In this case, if
you look at where the date is displayed in the document, press Alt-F9 and
the date display will change to { DATE ... }

Change 'DATE' to 'CREATEDATE'.

"curiouscat75" wrote in message
again I thank you for your patience and help, but I am a bit of a techno
retard, I tried Alt F9 and nothing happened? might be best if I just
accept
what is?

Press alt-f9