Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ron10bees ron10bees is offline

Default Hiding Rows and Columns

I have a very long document that is primarily table-based. I need to create
an internal and external version of this document. The external (customer)
version will need to have complete rows and or columns hidden before printing
to PDF. However, we would like to have only one source document (the internal
version) that the authors would edit.

My first hurdle is getting the rows and columns to hide completely. Using
FormatFont I can hide the text of a row and if I IMMEDIATELY go to Print
Preview or print the document it will look as intended; completely gone with
no indication it existed. BUT if I save the document then go to Preview or
Print an empty row will show where the hidden row is. This is no good. I have
a similar problem with hiding columns but I have not yet been able to get the
column to COMPLETELY disappear. My table MUST have horizontal rules between
rows. Horizontal column rules are not used.

Can anyone help me past this first hurdle?

TIA,
r10b
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

ron10bees was telling us:
ron10bees nous racontait que :

[...]

Rows:
You have done what should be done.
If, when you re-open the document, the rows print, make sure that
"Show All" is not reactivated when the document reopens.

Columns:
Unfortunately, the only way to achieve what you would like to do is to
actually delete the column. If you hide them, the text will be hidden, but
not the column itself.

--
Salut!