Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larryodegard Larryodegard is offline

Default Copy and paste refuse to work when importing from e-mail

I often copy and paste specific information from my e-mail to Word. It is
now refusing to work and instead when I try to paste the program freezes up.
I can still cut/paste and copy if I stay within Word ie: Word document to
word document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TGFycnlvZGVnYXJk?=,

I often copy and paste specific information from my e-mail to Word. It is
now refusing to work and instead when I try to paste the program freezes up.
I can still cut/paste and copy if I stay within Word ie: Word document to
word document.

If you boot Windows in Safe Mode does the behavior persist, or does it go
away?

How about copying and pasting from some other program, such as Excel or
Notepad. Does that work? (In other words, is the problem only with Email? What
email editor do you use?)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

I am also having the same problem. I am able to copy and paste into EXCEL
and Notepad with no problem, but unable to paste into WORD, unless I do a
Paste Special and select anything but HTML. I am using Windows XP (SP-2) and
AT&T Yahoo as my ISP. I've uninstalled Microsoft XP and reinstalled it, but
no help.
--
Dave N.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?TGFycnlvZGVnYXJk?=,

I often copy and paste specific information from my e-mail to Word. It is
now refusing to work and instead when I try to paste the program freezes up.
I can still cut/paste and copy if I stay within Word ie: Word document to
word document.

If you boot Windows in Safe Mode does the behavior persist, or does it go
away?

How about copying and pasting from some other program, such as Excel or
Notepad. Does that work? (In other words, is the problem only with Email? What
email editor do you use?)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

--
Dave N.

"Dave" wrote:

I am also having the same problem. I am able to copy and paste into EXCEL
and Notepad with no problem, but unable to paste into WORD, unless I do a
Paste Special and select anything but HTML. I am using Windows XP (SP-2) and
AT&T Yahoo as my ISP. I've uninstalled Microsoft Office XP and reinstalled it, but no help.
--
Dave N.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?TGFycnlvZGVnYXJk?=,

I often copy and paste specific information from my e-mail to Word. It is
now refusing to work and instead when I try to paste the program freezes up.
I can still cut/paste and copy if I stay within Word ie: Word document to
word document.

If you boot Windows in Safe Mode does the behavior persist, or does it go
away?

How about copying and pasting from some other program, such as Excel or
Notepad. Does that work? (In other words, is the problem only with Email? What
email editor do you use?)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larryodegard Larryodegard is offline

The problem persists even in safe mode.

"Dave" wrote:

--
Dave N.

"Dave" wrote:

I am also having the same problem. I am able to copy and paste into EXCEL
and Notepad with no problem, but unable to paste into WORD, unless I do a
Paste Special and select anything but HTML. I am using Windows XP (SP-2) and
AT&T Yahoo as my ISP. I've uninstalled Microsoft Office XP and reinstalled it, but no help.
--
Dave N.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?TGFycnlvZGVnYXJk?=,

I often copy and paste specific information from my e-mail to Word. It is
now refusing to work and instead when I try to paste the program freezes up.
I can still cut/paste and copy if I stay within Word ie: Word document to
word document.

If you boot Windows in Safe Mode does the behavior persist, or does it go
away?

How about copying and pasting from some other program, such as Excel or
Notepad. Does that work? (In other words, is the problem only with Email? What
email editor do you use?)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?RGF2ZQ==?=,

I am also having the same problem. I am able to copy and paste into EXCEL
and Notepad with no problem, but unable to paste into WORD, unless I do a
Paste Special and select anything but HTML. I am using Windows XP (SP-2) and
AT&T Yahoo as my ISP. I've uninstalled Microsoft XP and reinstalled it, but
no help.

So, running Windows in Safe Mode makes no difference.

How about running Word in safe mode (if you don't know how to do this, please
tell us the version of Word involved).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larryodegard Larryodegard is offline

I'm using WORD 2003.
Thanks for your help!

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGF2ZQ==?=,

I am also having the same problem. I am able to copy and paste into EXCEL
and Notepad with no problem, but unable to paste into WORD, unless I do a
Paste Special and select anything but HTML. I am using Windows XP (SP-2) and
AT&T Yahoo as my ISP. I've uninstalled Microsoft XP and reinstalled it, but
no help.

So, running Windows in Safe Mode makes no difference.

How about running Word in safe mode (if you don't know how to do this, please
tell us the version of Word involved).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

I am running Word XP in my desk top and Word 2003 in my lap top, and both are
having this copy/paste problem.
--
Dave N.

"Larryodegard" wrote:

I'm using WORD 2003.
Thanks for your help!

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGF2ZQ==?=,

I am also having the same problem. I am able to copy and paste into EXCEL
and Notepad with no problem, but unable to paste into WORD, unless I do a
Paste Special and select anything but HTML. I am using Windows XP (SP-2) and
AT&T Yahoo as my ISP. I've uninstalled Microsoft XP and reinstalled it, but
no help.

So, running Windows in Safe Mode makes no difference.

How about running Word in safe mode (if you don't know how to do this, please
tell us the version of Word involved).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larryodegard Larryodegard is offline

It is only happening when I try to cut and paste something out of yahoo.
I've tried Excel, Hotmail and others and they all seem to be working right.

"Larryodegard" wrote:

I often copy and paste specific information from my e-mail to Word. It is
now refusing to work and instead when I try to paste the program freezes up.
I can still cut/paste and copy if I stay within Word ie: Word document to
word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Larry,

I'm using WORD 2003.

To test by running Word in Safe Mode, hold down the CTRL key when starting Word.

If you're seeing this problem on two machines, consider what "tools" you may have
installed on both machines...

I am also having the same problem. I am able to copy and paste into EXCEL
and Notepad with no problem, but unable to paste into WORD, unless I do a
Paste Special and select anything but HTML. I am using Windows XP (SP-2) and
AT&T Yahoo as my ISP. I've uninstalled Microsoft XP and reinstalled it, but
no help.

So, running Windows in Safe Mode makes no difference.

How about running Word in safe mode (if you don't know how to do this, please
tell us the version of Word involved).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larryodegard Larryodegard is offline

I'm sending this a second time because it doesn't seem to have shown up yet.
If it's a duplicate I apologize.
It would appear that the culprit is Yahoo. Hotmail, Excel and everything
seems to work on the cut and paste.

Larry

"Cindy M." wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susz Susz is offline

Hi Guys:

I am having the exact same problem on both my desktop and laptop. What
seems to be going on and is there a fix for it?
--
Susz

"Larryodegard" wrote:

I often copy and paste specific information from my e-mail to Word. It is
now refusing to work and instead when I try to paste the program freezes up.
I can still cut/paste and copy if I stay within Word ie: Word document to
word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larryodegard Larryodegard is offline

I recently updated to a "new" version of yahoo, I wonder if that's the
culprit? I just can't remember if it happened right after the change or not.

Larry

"Cindy M." wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Someone else (of the dozens who have reported this problem) reported that
Yahoo was the source of the problem.

"Cindy M." wrote:

[...]

or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)