Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DSJR

Default add default formatting marks

I may have asked this before .. and I have tried many things, but I still
can not find a way to add formatting marks (paragraphs, spaces, tabs) to my
default word 2003 document

Nothing to do with changing default margins or font .. just formatting marks

I think, in previous versions of word, you merely checked them off in
TOOLS, OPTIONS, VIEW and that became the default but that does not seem to
work in 2003

I have tried DOC & SETTINGS, USERNAME, APPLICATION DATA, MICROSOFT, TEMPLATE
... normal.dot - right click to open .. make the changes and save €¦.they
remain if I reboot immediately, but the changes are gone when I re-boot the
next day

Anyone with ideas of what I might try?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

What... you can't remember four days ago?

DSJR wrote:

I may have asked this before ..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DSJR

at this point .... it is a blur of trying to find this answer!

I have been able to change the units of measure but, even with changing
normal.dot and saving (adding the 3 formatting characters I want) - the
default is not changed

Have I missed something in your answer?

Now, according to Dell (software preinstalled by dell so not supported by
microsoft) word 2003 will not allow these formatting marks to be added as
default

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

What... you can't remember four days ago?

DSJR wrote:

I may have asked this before ..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Formatting marks are not something you "add"; they're something you view.
You can change the default view, but sometimes this requires actually
changing and saving Normal.dot. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

What... you can't remember four days ago?

DSJR wrote:

I may have asked this before ..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Not my answers, but see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...34646a5ecb7af2
..

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

What... you can't remember four days ago?

DSJR wrote:

I may have asked this before ..

MS Word: How can I change formatting marks to gray like on a Mac? Blackett Microsoft Word Help 2 April 23rd 06 02:48 PM
Formatting marks kerrywick Microsoft Word Help 2 March 23rd 06 07:30 AM
How can I set default for paragraph formatting by line? word paragraphs now whole page. help! Page Layout 1 July 29th 05 08:58 AM
Default Formatting Katie Page Layout 1 January 12th 05 03:15 AM
Make keep destination formatting the default russweb Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 02:15 PM