Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

Default 'PAGE DOWN' when u use -doest scroll full page-WHY?

DEAR ALL

If the document has multiple pages, when I use page down it does not scroll
up a full page and instead it goes only few lines and lose the continuity
from my last line read.

Can any one tell me why this happens. Or the cursor must be at the bottom
to get full scroll when page down is clicked??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Because Page Down is actually a window pane down. Ctrl+Page Down is a real
Page Down. This is because the majority of users want to move down to the
next pane to read it, so to help the one-finger brigade, Page Down just
moves down a pane.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
DEAR ALL

If the document has multiple pages, when I use page down it does not
scroll
up a full page and instead it goes only few lines and lose the continuity
from my last line read.

Can any one tell me why this happens. Or the cursor must be at the bottom
to get full scroll when page down is clicked??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

D/MR. TERRY FARELL
Thanks for the answer. Now I realise my faux pas. I failed to explain my
need properly.
Actually, i dont want the next page or the next page.

What I need is, say, i have 4 pages of text and if I am reading it, i want
to go to the next screen -- that is-- when i finish reading the amount
available in the present screen, i want it to show me the next screen full.
By using ctrl-pagedown it goes by one full page and by mere using the page
down it scrolls haphazardly.

Required is to scroll from last line of visible screen to next full screen
and so on. What to be done or how to do - pls advice. of the previous
visible screen t

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
DEAR ALL

If the document has multiple pages, when I use page down it does not
scroll
up a full page and instead it goes only few lines and lose the continuity
from my last line read.

Can any one tell me why this happens. Or the cursor must be at the bottom
to get full scroll when page down is clicked??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you are in Print Layout View, scrolling works best if you use the
HideWhiteSpace option. Move the cursor over the gap between two pages and
double-click when the cursor changes to two opposing arrows.

Now Page Down will move you exactly from screen to screen until you reach
the bottom where it will only scroll as far as the bottom of the document
(of course). But this does hide the Headers and Footers which may or may not
be acceptable to you.

Terry

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
DEAR ALL

If the document has multiple pages, when I use page down it does not
scroll
up a full page and instead it goes only few lines and lose the
continuity
from my last line read.

Can any one tell me why this happens. Or the cursor must be at the
bottom
to get full scroll when page down is clicked??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

D/TERRY FARREL

Got your advice and tried. It did help a lot when I did as u advised. But
noticed that if the full page font is same then it does go screen full to
screen full. but if the fonts are different then when page down is used it
does scroll haphazardly.

Needless to say I was so eagerly waiting for you tips in handling this and
again will look forward to further advice.

brgds/captgnvr